Grimrock 2 Beta 2.2.4

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Grimrock 2 Beta 2.2.4

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Frenchie wrote:Okay, but coming back to my original question : Can or should I upgrade my Nvidia Geforce 755M Mac driver?

Also I couldn't find any Mac driver software at Nvidia. Every Windows, Linux, Solaris and BSD operating system is mentioned but no OS X.
In the driver download selection i had to choose "GeForce", "GeForce 600 Series" and "GeForce GTX 680". Then i could finally pick the OS X version needed. I know that your 755M uses a Kepler chip like my 760 but if this driver will work with an M-series card is something i can't tell.

Further up I tested their driver for Mountain Lion in comparison to Apple's own driver delivered with the 10.8.5 update. In addition i can now tell that applying any Apple security update released after the OS update can disable the nVidia driver again since they seem to be build for a specific OS build version only. I noticed this after installing the latest security update for 10.8.5. After the required reboot the nVidia driver selector informed me that the installed driver is no longer compatible with the now running 10.8.5 build and that the system did revert back to the system's own driver.

Sidenote: after much hazzle i also managed to get a Yosemite 10.10.2 up and running but it obviously had problems with my hardware and it came not even close to the performance seen before.
Frenchie

Post by Frenchie »

Thx, guess I'd better not mess with it and see what software update will bring
Bloodyson

Post by Bloodyson »

Downloaded the mac beta and all looks good, not good - great! Running a bit fast, not sure how it will work battling multiple enemies but running very smoothly at the moment. Great job!

The only problem I have encountered was losing 3 darts after last fight with a turtle. Is there a way to recover those items?

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010)
Processor: 3.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

any date for releasing stand-alone 2.2.4 patch ?
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
petri

Post by petri »

Drakkan wrote:any date for releasing stand-alone 2.2.4 patch ?
Soon! :)
Bloodyson

Post by Bloodyson »

petri wrote:
Drakkan wrote:any date for releasing stand-alone 2.2.4 patch ?
Soon! :)
I have tried to contact you on a couple issues with your game, but so far no reply. First of all, congrats on a great game. I see others have posted about the missing darts, as strange as it seems I too lost my darts only to mysteriously show back up in my inventory an hour or so later, but ironically, my knives have disappeared and have not reappeared after 6 hours of play time.

I originally downloaded the mac beta 3 days ago and paid the full price of $23.99 (I only have a mac) and now I see today the FULL game has been released for 40% off that price. I have contacted Steam about a possible refund or price difference. What say you?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Bloodyson wrote:I originally downloaded the mac beta 3 days ago and paid the full price of $23.99 (I only have a mac) and now I see today the FULL game has been released for 40% off that price. I have contacted Steam about a possible refund or price difference. What say you?
Are you seriously asking for a refund because you wanted and bought something without waiting for a sale?
Bloodyson

Post by Bloodyson »

Yes!! "3 days ago?" The only way for Mac users to have been able to demo was by having to pay full price, I understand, now 3 days later it is reduced by 40% as a "qualified" full release. I have a Mac not a PC. I'm not asking for a "full" refund, only what I should be charged as a Mac client. I wouldn't have an issue if it was still at full price and non-beta.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Bloodyson wrote:Yes!! "3 days ago?" The only way for Mac users to have been able to demo was by having to pay full price,
There never was a Mac demo.
AH did a public Mac beta and 2.2.4 has now become both the Mac release and the latest Windows patch.
Bloodyson wrote:.. I understand, now 3 days later it is reduced by 40% as a "qualified" full release. I have a Mac not a PC. I'm not asking for a "full" refund, only what I should be charged as a Mac client.
Sales are usually not announced beforehand on Steam or any other shopping platform i know. On Steam players are charged the same for a specific title, be it for Windows, OS X or Linux. If you don't like the regular prices then wait for a sale.
Bloodyson

Post by Bloodyson »

I think you are missing my point. I get yours! They called this a "Mac beta" the name demo is negotiable. If they had came out and said this is a full version at full price and then came out and said "special sale 40% off" I wouldn't have an issue. But it was beta then full with 40% off. I wasn't waiting for a sale. Like I said I had no problem paying full price for this "beta." All I'm saying is shouldnt I be rewarded by paying the same price for a "full" not a "beta" version on my specific platform. I just think it would be fair. I'm not trying to flame just trying to be reasonable. I can't play this game on a PC as I don't have one. Thanks for responding. I'm very open to discussion.