[MOD]Toorum's Manor

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Lorenz

Re: [MOD]Toorum's Manor

Post by Lorenz »

Slowly going through...any hint about Dragonbane materials? I am trying variuos combo on th anvil but can't craft it :(
bongobeat

Post by bongobeat »

hello,

how to forge the dragonbane is indicated with notes, you have to find them all to know all ingredients. There is only 4 ingredients needed, including a forge hammer.
The notes are hidden in the factory levels. Right now I don't remember how much notes there is, but one is hidden in the factory level 1's control station.
My asset pack: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9320

Log1 mod : Toorum Manor: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5505
ene

Post by ene »

Level 13 - 'I can fly, I am green, I can kill...'
SpoilerShow
I'd like to know why only the Ancient Elvish arrow works since both Ancient Elvish arrow and (normal) Elvish arrow are green, can fly, kill, etc.. It's not very logical, neither fair.. :?
A clue would also be welcome to know that's an important item to keep (i only have Thunder arrows since they are more powerful) - took me about 20 min to finally get one :|
The lowers levels seem a bit more interesting, with more puzzle and less fight - I enjoyed a lot the Chrom Tomb level (great music ), it was fun :D Level 12 is good, nice puzzles, graphics, nice vibes here, cannot complain, but some levels are a bit tedious, basically it's almost always the same
SpoilerShow
move, fights, move, move, fights... spot the switch to find secret room, move.. nothing else between these sequences

- There are too many powerful items i think (beautiful and well described), peharps you should add negatives values too.
- The story is interesting, intriguing, like it
- Some riddles would need some polishing (ie be more accurate)..

Speaking of which :)
SpoilerShow
What kind of room (h)as** no doors or windows (level 9) ? Couldn't find the answer :)
**as without h - probably typo
All in all enjoyable mod (having fun), huge dungeon, you can see lot of work were put into it but there are also some annoying flaws :ugeek:
Lorenz

Post by Lorenz »

What is as nice as curve which starts at center point...etc etc?

I guess a spiral...but where can I find it? :shock:
ene

Post by ene »

Don't know how to use the forge for the firestaff (level 43) :(

This mod is really epic, from level 12, it's really something else (to me), tons of good ideas, good story (hate those priests :lol: ), even the music is good. I'm not saying i like everything but I didn't expect something like this.

All right, exploring levels 17-20, I'm about to visit Maximo's dream (level 38)

Some secrets I couldn't resolve and :

- Zardokar appartment (l.12)
- a grate and a door behind, with a swith on a wall (l.12)
- The three dragons (l.14)
- The man who can see look for the door, the blind looks for the path (l.14)

Probably more things I can't think of atm
ene

Post by ene »

Maximo's dream done, targetting 'neutron Wardens' with rocket launchers and eggs.. but now my stock is almost empty and i didn't find anything. It doesn't seem a 'mandatory level', so I'm wondering if there's any point going there or if i missed something ??
Lorenz

Post by Lorenz »

Lorenz wrote:What is as nice as curve which starts at center point...etc etc?

Solved! Nice one!

Still struggling: need to open Maximo's Vault and Maximo's office but how? I Also didnt find Maximo's bones...uhm
Lorenz

Post by Lorenz »

Lorenz wrote:

Solved! Nice one!

Still struggling: need to open Maximo's Vault and Maximo's office but how? I Also didnt find Maximo's bones...uhm
All done! But...I wonder where I can craft adamantite greaves, boots, etc...I found the recipes, but still missing the forge...:(
ene

Post by ene »

Lorenz, I guess we're both near the end...

I need a 'precious shematic 2', if you know where to get it, that will help me a lot :mrgreen:

You're right about Maximo's bones, it opens both Maximo's Vault and Maximo's office but for the life of me i cannot remember where i found it :oops:

In Maximo's office, there's a fake wall, and downstairs you can forge shields - but only shields. I haven't found the others forges (for boots, gauntlets...)
Lorenz wrote:

Solved! Nice one!
struggling on this one too.. can you give me a hint please ?
I'm also seeking the note 'message 4/4'
ene

Post by ene »

Lorenz wrote:All done!
Seems you found Maximo's bones, i read too fast..

still looking for shematic_2..