[MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Queen Lontje

Re: [MOD] Eye of the Dragon

Post by Queen Lontje »

Hi Severgates
Thanks for your response. Yes I did search this thread but I cannot solve it with this information. This is what I found but maybe I missed something:
there is scroll saying in which slot you need insert which color. Always three sentences for one gem row (from left to right). You can use hints if you are not sure about correct color (for example sky is blue, grass is green etc...), then you need find gem of correct shape to fit in the slot.
Rainbow has three basic color. That’s what you need to insert (three same colors and same shape for each row)
both earth and heavens are regular blue
For the puzzle on the left:
yellow blue green
black blue green
white yellow red
For the Rainbow:
red red red
yellow yellow yellow
green green green
I also looked on YT but I cannot find it, please help.
Regards
Queen Lontje

Post by Queen Lontje »

Is there anyone who can help me with this puzzle? thanks!
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Dear Queen,
thanks so much for your words of appreciation, I do really appreciate you spending so much time with such an old mod. I'm afraid the solution to the riddle is lost in the annals of history. I don't have the mod anymore and everything on youtube has been deleted. However the solution will not be extremely complicated, as more like do a few trial and error attempts. If I'm not mistaken, each side of the puzzle is solved separately, i.e. if for example for the rainbow after setting all 9 stones you don't hear the sound of solving the puzzle, try different colors for some line (i.e. blue instead green gems, etc.). Alternatively, send the puzzle itself and I'll try to recall some colours. I also remember there are some shadow variants of some colors (like light and dark blue) so this could cause some troubles.
Good luck!
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Queen Lontje

Post by Queen Lontje »

Thank you very much I will try again and if it is not working I will send a picture of the situation thnx in advance.
pscigulinsky

Post by pscigulinsky »

Hello Drakkan, I hope, that you will get this message, since this thread is not very active anymore. Thanks for the hard work you put into Eye of the Dragon Mod. I just have a question regarding the dialog box, that occur frequently in your Mod. It looks like the Grimrock 2 GUI Toolkit (by JohnWordsworth). However, I have trouble finding out, if he made one just for Grimrock 2, or there is also such a toolkit for Grimrock 1. Since I saw dialog boxes in your mod, I write to you, if you could tell me, how you implemented those dialog boxes. I hope you get this message and thanks for any help ;)
pscigulinsky

Post by pscigulinsky »

Me again :-) Usually when I write to ask for help, I find the possible answer a couple of minutes after despite being unsuccessful for a couple hours before. So a new question: Is this what you used? https://github.com/xanathar/grimwidgets
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

There is also a Discord server; this place has become rather slow lately.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=18363
pscigulinsky

Post by pscigulinsky »

Isaac wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:23 pm There is also a Discord server; this place has become rather slow lately.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic ... 22&t=18363
Thanks, I´ll check it out.