[MOD] LABYRINTH OF LIES - v3.6 Release

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
wagtunes

Re: [MOD] LABYRINTH OF LIES - v3.6 Release

Post by wagtunes »

akroma222 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:19 pm
wagtunes wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 am Uncle! LOL
Akroma, I'm now at the point where I'm walking in circles. I've watched videos 13 through 17 and have figured out that without being able to open that 2nd door, I can't go any further than I am. I am out of food and just going to the same places over and over and not making any progress.
So I am throwing in the towel.
You are truly evil, and I know it's only going to get worse after watching that bridge walk or whatever it is. Unreal. I won't even mention the lightning bolt puzzle down in the dungeons.
I'm going to go back to working on my new dungeon and see if I can't finish it. As hard as I thought it was, I now know that it doesn't even come close to this nightmare and I should stop worrying. LOL.
Thanks again for an amazing dungeon crawl.
I am finally defeated.
Sorry for my late reply wagtunes, been in hospital w a horror blood infection.
Out now and feeling.... - almost human - hehehe

Do you have a save game around when you initially got stuck (before you ran around and starved everyone) ?
Either way, if you like, am happy to walk through a solution to the Palace / Dungeon maze area you are at.
Dont worry if your guys are starved and you'd like to continue....
SpoilerShow

Code: Select all

We can spawn some food using the console 
- OR -
the scroll of create food is close by I believe...
Either way - very impressed you have reached this far!
And very grateful for the valuable feedback :D
Damn, sorry to hear about that. That sucks. Hope you get well soon.

I'm not worried so much about the food. I'm used to playing these things relying on healing crystals anyway so it's no big deal. Problem is, I don't know what my latest save game is before reaching this point. It may be quite a ways back and the thought of having to solve that blob puzzle again doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy. lol

But none of this would even matter if the open door script that I have worked in your dungeon. Apparently you've disabled the use of it or these aren't standard doors. Not sure which. Otherwise, I'd just open the door and continue on.

Anyway, let me see what I have as far as saved games and then I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, you rest up. And thanks again for the absolutely coolest dungeon I've ever crawled through. Am loving that Transmutation spell. Really cool.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm But none of this would even matter if the open door script that I have worked in your dungeon. Apparently you've disabled the use of it or these aren't standard doors. Not sure which. Otherwise, I'd just open the door and continue on.
Is that the script I posted for you earlier?? If not, post here and ill check it out
(I dont believe Ive disabled anything like that)
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

akroma222 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:30 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm But none of this would even matter if the open door script that I have worked in your dungeon. Apparently you've disabled the use of it or these aren't standard doors. Not sure which. Otherwise, I'd just open the door and continue on.
Is that the script I posted for you earlier?? If not, post here and ill check it out
(I dont believe Ive disabled anything like that)
My error. I pasted the function itself but didn't paste the call to it. Duh!

Door is open now.

Please note however that if a person opens the door with the fire elemental first, there is no way to get to the key to open the 2nd door. You might want to test this out for yourself.
akroma222

Post by akroma222 »

wagtunes wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:59 pm Please note however that if a person opens the door with the fire elemental first, there is no way to get to the key to open the 2nd door. You might want to test this out for yourself.
Roger that, will do ;)
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

South, east, south, west, south north, west, east, LMAO.

Akroma, you're a crazy man. You've beat me. When I got through the forked bridge walk I thought I was home free. Even the lightning bolts and the 3 guardians I managed to survive. But this? My head is spinning. One miss and you have to start all over.

Anyway, before I call it a day on this amazing dungeon, I have uncovered another bug in this south east south west brain teaser.

If you walk into the room and place an object on the pressure plate directly in front of you (remember, you have to assume that people don't know what to do and some will place items on pressure plates) after pulling that first lever and moving onto the pressure plate where that first gate opens for you to start the sequence, it doesn't open. If you move off it to the left onto the plate next to it, the gate will open, but as soon as you walk back onto the plate to the right in order to walk through the gate, the gate immediately closes and you can't make it through. In short, you end up trapped there.

I tested this by reloading at an earlier point (had to redo the guardian boss fight) and sure enough, without an object on that first pressure plate as you enter the room, the gate works as it should.

Anyway, this puzzle has me stumped. I watched the video but there are so many reiterations of the sequence that it's impossible to follow. As I don't have anymore keys, I assume this is as far as I can go and making through this puzzle is mandatory in order to advance.

I don't know how you think of such twisted stuff but you are the master.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

One last thing before I toodle. I found a brass key that I forgot I had. I opened up this lock in the same area as the south west puzzle. It took me to a pit that landed me in the Horrus Mines.

There's no way out of there is there?

No food, no light, no magic and I managed to hold off all the Ugardians but can't find a way out. I'm in the upper left hand corner of the map. The only button I found on the walls seemed to open something that just let out more Ugardians. The place is now empty but every path leads to a dead end.

Am I stuck or is this one of those "throw a rock to the left and then run down the hall and throw another rock in front of you" deals? I don't see any pressure plates and nothing's popping up at me that even hints there's a way out.

Anyway, this has gone from frustrating to exasperating.

I may have nightmares for weeks. LOL.
severgates

Post by severgates »

Hi akroma222.

First of all - great mod! Love new spells and mod scenario (I've passed only 3rd level till now and it's one of the best modes, I've played in both Grimrocks). Cannot figure out yet, how to perform rituals (another great idea), but I'll help myself watching YT, if necessary ;)
SpoilerShow
I've noticed during watching your Youtube walkthrough, that at the beginning of lvl 4 you've cast Feather Fall, but cannot figure out, where I can find a parchment with it. Can you help me?
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Well, I am in hell. LOL.

I decided, since this dungeon was getting ridiculous, to take off the kid gloves and hack the hell out of the console. Well, now I've done it.

I'm on level 13, the frost kingdom or whatever it's called. How do I get out of there? These lizards and crabs and flying things keep spawning like crazy and it's all I can do just to keep myself alive. I did find the scroll of create food so that's no longer a problem.

I keep seeing this message about killing their hives so they stop spawning. Are those the big round eggs? If so, how many are on this level and if I kill them all will that stop the spawning? If so, how do I then get out of this frost kingdom from hell? I seem to be stuck.

This dungeon has gone from being evil to being sadistic. I'm just glad I got away from those mummies on 12 that were draining my hit points.

I did find the ancient weapon and that gem. Something about using it to destroy the labyrinth.

How do I do that? How many more levels are there? When does this nightmare end? LOL

That's all for now.

** EDIT ** I just broke your dungeon. On level 13, I found the portal that takes me back to level 12 and finally got out of there but now I get this constant message that flashes on the screen "We have to destroy the hives or get out of here" or something like that. It doesn't stop. It just goes over and over and along wiht this really annoying sound that, after a while, becomes annoying to the point where I have to turn the sound off. I tried quitting and reloading but no luck. When I made it up to the level above it, it died down a little (triggers every 5 or 10 seconds or so) but it won't stop. I have a feeling it has something to do with accessing certain areas of the level that I probably shouldn't have but did because of all the open door commands I executed. Anyway, I can't play this in its current state. My only other option is to reload an older save and that takes me back to level 10 before I even dropped down into the mines. Hate to have to go through all that again. Oh well. LOL.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

How do I activate the portal to the Frozen Palace?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY1Pt-Loc80&t=1450s

I need to get back there in order to stop these messages from flashing constantly. Then I need to know what I have to do in order to leave there so that the messages don't follow me to other levels.
wagtunes

Post by wagtunes »

Okay, I watched videos 20 through 30 and I figured out that I need the Gnome Stone to set the portal to go to the ice palace. I have it but have no idea how to use it. When you click on it, you get a different message than I get.

Your Message: Initial Portal Location Set. And you actually see a portal created.

My Message: Portal Anchor Set. And I see what looks like a small little fountain in the middle of the square.

So obviously you've made a change since V 3.6. I have no idea how to actually make this portal work.

Help!!!!!!