[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bazzietuk

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by bazzietuk »

On the Golem Factory level do you manage to get into the Servant section and the other side of the corridor that has a sign you can't read? I've done most of level 7 but those area's are still locked. I have the 3 keys from the rooms where you need to put the items on the alcoves. I also got the treasure from level 8 (and I'm assuming you don't need to go into the rooms that spawn endless soldiers on that level). It was a bit odd that the healing crystal disappeared when you picked the treasure up though.
minmay

Post by minmay »

IIRC there's a secret button near the tentacle trap that lets you enter the servant section of the golem factory (which has the Dismantler!).
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

minmay wrote:IIRC there's a secret button near the tentacle trap that lets you enter the servant section of the golem factory (which has the Dismantler!).
my opinion on that will never change. I love that sword, butin this case it is not wort it.
Baka cube.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

So I'm guessing the objective of that rooms is to open up all the gates and press all the buttons while avoiding the damn cube :(
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:So I'm guessing the objective of that rooms is to open up all the gates and press all the buttons while avoiding the damn cube :(
Yeah. The prize - the Dismanteler. If you manage to not get squashed.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

This mods going to drive me insane :) LOL I have the dismantler and now I'm left with 3 prison keys and a gold key and only one door on level 9 that none of the keys work on. I can't see anymore places to go onto now apart from the door near the scrolls you have to place on level 9 which I can't open with the keys I have.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:This mods going to drive me insane :) LOL I have the dismantler and now I'm left with 3 prison keys and a gold key and only one door on level 9 that none of the keys work on. I can't see anymore places to go onto now apart from the door near the scrolls you have to place on level 9 which I can't open with the keys I have.
I think that every time I played it, I had a leftover gold key, unless I decided to use it on the testament treasure.
AS for the three prison keys, well, they should work on the three locks on a side of the warden room on Golem factory from which you got the metal junk.
I'm trying to remember where exactly is the key to the door on level 9 near the scroll alcoves, but memory fails me...
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Completed :) The key was on a table in the end room you had to unlock (near the dragons). Finished it with 30/44 secrets found so not completely completed it. Thanks for all the assistance though :)
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Completed :) The key was on a table in the end room you had to unlock (near the dragons). Finished it with 30/44 secrets found so not completely completed it. Thanks for all the assistance though :)
You're welcome. :)
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Me again :) On the second run through the game and found 3 notes on the testament level I don't understand.

Note 1: Hit the targets if you want to see the eighth? (8th what and targets where?)

Note 2: If you want to be rewarded do not leave the madness (what madness where?)

Note 3: There are no clues for this one. A true mage an handle it himself (this ones near the head in the treasure room by some gates, still stuck with this one but have 4 one use magic scrolls but where do you use them?)

All the notes are near the end of the testament level and can't be gotten until you've done nearly the whole level and can't go back to other sections on this level.

I was considering taking screenshots of all the level maps when I've completed it again but I think some help would be needed to show every location and treasure if anyone's interested in helping out :)