[MOD] Forbidden Halls

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
AnnElfwind

Re: [MOD] Forbidden Halls

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Okay got through there and now come to a little maze area with lettered levers. Pulled all of them and nothing, pulled them in letter sequence (A-U), well all the letters there are in sequence and nothing. I can hear gates opening with the odd one or two of them from a distance . The clue was say my name and I'll lead you out of here. What name though :) LOL
Okay, let me try to help... I know the answer, but that would be telling. The place where you found the text, was there something else there? Anything? Even if it is a trivial thing.
SpoilerShow
Some of the letters form a word.
If you want the answer as to which levers to pull, without me being vague and speaking in riddles, tell me. :)
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

It says "You killing me slowly to fight the darkness", "But when I die, it will prevail", "Call my name, and I will lead you out".
minmay

Post by minmay »

SpoilerShow
Pull down the levers for 'T', 'O', 'R', 'C', 'H'.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:It says "You killing me slowly to fight the darkness", "But when I die, it will prevail", "Call my name, and I will lead you out".
Exactly. And what can you use to fight darkness, except a certain spell?
Pull the levers that spell this out and the way will be opened.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

No clue what to do now. I'm on level 9. There's a room called the Alchemist's Guild, I've been in there and grabbed a chest and bag but can't see much else to do in there apart from constantly kill the slimes and pick some things out of the alcoves. Is there anything else to do in this room apart from that as the slimes spawn until the rooms full and as you battle one another appears to take it's place. Also on this level there's a room with a note on the wall with dashes and stars and I've noticed empty alcoves in the hallways. I've collected scrolls with letters on them and completed the library and every other room just no idea where to go now as i can't go back up any stairs.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:No clue what to do now. I'm on level 9. There's a room called the Alchemist's Guild, I've been in there and grabbed a chest and bag but can't see much else to do in there apart from constantly kill the slimes and pick some things out of the alcoves. Is there anything else to do in this room apart from that as the slimes spawn until the rooms full and as you battle one another appears to take it's place. Also on this level there's a room with a note on the wall with dashes and stars and I've noticed empty alcoves in the hallways. I've collected scrolls with letters on them and completed the library and every other room just no idea where to go now as i can't go back up any stairs.
The room with the slimes, I don't know, if there's anything special in it, but if there is, it is not necessary to complete the mod.
Did you find the secret in the library? WEll, I'm not sure if it is tagged a secret, but it is sort-of secret.
The scrolls with the letters go in the alcoves in an order that formes a word. There was a hint to this in the library, if you read the notes you found there. (There should be six of there scrolls)
The dashes and stars are something that all of us here are trying to figure out, because we are sure it leads to the last secret that noone was able to find. So far, noone had any luck and the creator no longer comes here.
By the way, did you go to level 8? It's not possible to complete the mod without doing so. :)
You're close to finishing it though. The only thing below level 9 are some pitfalls.
minmay

Post by minmay »

AnnElfwind wrote:The dashes and stars are something that all of us here are trying to figure out, because we are sure it leads to the last secret that noone was able to find. So far, noone had any luck and the creator no longer comes here.
I have found all of the secrets in this mod and I do not know the relevance of the dashes and stars.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

minmay wrote:
AnnElfwind wrote:The dashes and stars are something that all of us here are trying to figure out, because we are sure it leads to the last secret that noone was able to find. So far, noone had any luck and the creator no longer comes here.
I have found all of the secrets in this mod and I do not know the relevance of the dashes and stars.
Wait, so you're telling me, that even without solving that weirdo text, you have ALL the secrets?! Well damn! Now I'll HAVE to play it again!!!
Though I'm still skipping the cube secret because I hate the sucker. I'll just count that one without having it in the stats.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Level 8's annoying :) LOL Only thing I did on there was complete the tentacle section to get a key. I can't figure out the left hand section with the gates & the goromog in there launching spells at you, nothing seems to take him out. Also the door at the far end that needs keys, I have a gold key but can't use it on those doors and it needs two. I did the spell alcove though on level 9 and opened a secret area with a brass door, can't progress there as I don't have the right key. Also on the Golem Factory section I'm assuming you have to put something in the alcoves, not sure what goes in which though as it's a bit cryptic with the clues there.
AnnElfwind

Post by AnnElfwind »

bazzietuk wrote:Level 8's annoying :) LOL Only thing I did on there was complete the tentacle section to get a key. I can't figure out the left hand section with the gates & the goromog in there launching spells at you, nothing seems to take him out. Also the door at the far end that needs keys, I have a gold key but can't use it on those doors and it needs two. I did the spell alcove though on level 9 and opened a secret area with a brass door, can't progress there as I don't have the right key. Also on the Golem Factory section I'm assuming you have to put something in the alcoves, not sure what goes in which though as it's a bit cryptic with the clues there.
Okay, for the Golem factory. You need to collect all the metal junk from the room with the wardens. When you pick it up, the warden nearest to it will be set free.
When you have all the junk, it is fairly easy to figure what goes into which alcove. If not, just go trial and error as when it's correct, it will open a wall like practically right next to it. Hope this explanation makes sence?
Now, for level 8, The tentacles you say you did and got the key. Okay, now the goromorg. If I remember correctly, you need to find a rune on a wall and press it. It will open a secret area and only after that is the goromorg defeatable. This should get you the second key to the double key door. I think the keys are named glowing, briliant or something similarly shining.
What's a brass door? I'm not sure what you mean by that...
If you're talking about the door that is accessible after the six scrolls are placed in their alcoves, then you need a key from the archmage's chamber (did you do that? pitfall puzzle and pitfall + white skeleton puzzle). In the archmage's chamber is the key you need as well as a note saying what else you need. I think there's also a usable invisibility scroll. You might need it. I didn't, but that's probably because I had an overpowered party (All hail the Party Time mod).
Hopefully, that's all your questiones answered, if not, just ask again. ;)