Win 8.1 distorted colors in 2560x1440 FS

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
steyrhahn

Win 8.1 distorted colors in 2560x1440 FS

Post by steyrhahn »

I just updated Windows to V8.1

I run normally in full screen mode.

In Full Screen mode, the colors are distorted. In windowed mode, the colors are OK

I've tried both 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 resolution. Same thing in both resolutions, distorted color in Full Screen mode.

I'm running a Nvidia 650TI video card. It was fine prior to the Windows upgrade.

Per NVidia, I'm running the latest driver. I believe that is a later driver than I was running prior to updating Windows (it has a bunch of features I saw no use for so didn't update the driver, but it looks like the Windows update also updated the drivers automagically for me)

Any ideas?

I don't like windowed mode for this game because I sometimes click the Windows [X] quit box in the upper right hand corner instead of the [X] box to close a character profile display.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Win 8.1 distorted colors in 2560x1440 FS

Post by Dr.Disaster »

My idea would be to check the nVidia website for the latest Win8.1 driver.
steyrhahn

Re: Win 8.1 distorted colors in 2560x1440 FS

Post by steyrhahn »

Dr.Disaster wrote:My idea would be to check the nVidia website for the latest Win8.1 driver.
The latest driver fixes the problem. The driver I had was 2 weeks old, and the new one said it had special support for Assassin's Creed and video capture, nothing about win8.1.

That said, it did fix the problem.

meanwhile... back to Master Quest... :oops: