[Linux] fixing glCompressedTexImage2D failed (GL_INVALID_EN

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Agi

[Linux] fixing glCompressedTexImage2D failed (GL_INVALID_EN

Post by Agi »

The game seems to use a texture packaging format called S3TC, and if you get the following error message it's because your system doesn't support it.

Code: Select all

[string "CustomMaterials.lua"]:0: GL error: glCompressedTexImage2D failed (GL_INVALID_ENUM 0x0500)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load'
[string "CustomMaterials.lua"]: in function 'create'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in function 'init'
[string "Grimrock.lua"]: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
init.lua: in main chunk
This can be caused by two different issues. The first issue is that you do not have the relevant packages installed to support it. In fedora 16 you need to do the following to install the package:

Code: Select all

sudo yum install libtxc_dxtn
For newer distributions it should already be supported out of the box, but you might have to find a package for that library yourself.

If you have the relevant software installed, you might need to enable the support for it. This can be done by installing driconf and enabling it there.
caseyweederman

Re: [Linux] fixing glCompressedTexImage2D failed (GL_INVALI

Post by caseyweederman »

Xubuntu here. The package was called libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0 for me, so the command would be:
sudo apt-get install libtxc-dxtn-s2tc0
Thanks for the guidance!
mattwilmott

Post by mattwilmott »

sudo yum install libtxc_dxtn
I can confirm this is required for Fedora 17 as well
flugen

Post by flugen »

Second the confirmation on Fedora 17. This is also with Nvidia optimus (using proprietary + bumblebee). I did need to enable s3tc using driconf though. I'm very happy it's finally native, as it wasn't working under wine for me.
zaazz

Post by zaazz »

sudo zypper install libtxc_dxtn
Worked for openSUSE 12.3. Fixed Legend of Grimrock as well as Bastion. Thanks for this!