Ruzar - The Life Stone (Dungeon Crawler RPG)

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
hammerglassstudio

Ruzar - The Life Stone (Dungeon Crawler RPG)

Post by hammerglassstudio »

Hi everybody,

I would like to introduce a new game I'm working on. Ruzar - The Life Stone. I have been working on that game for quite a long time now.
I developed the game with Unity and I also have a version on IOS that is working (Ipad2+). The quality shown here is on PC, not IOS. Optimization will come later, if I can be greenlit on PC.
If you like what you see, you can support me on Steam GreenLight: Ruzar - The Life Stone

Ruzar - The Life Stone is a dungeon crawler RPG game in which you play an adventurer who needs to discover the powerful Life Stone. Do you have the skills to survive in the deadliest dungeons of the Mountain of Ruz and recover the legendary artefact?

The player:
  • He has the ability to level up his character to the level 50.
  • When the player completes the first play through (around lvl 20+) he can restart his game and encounter stronger enemies and better loot (similar to NG+ in Dark Soul).
  • When you level up, you gain points you can spend in your stats.
  • Each stat provides bonus that is directly link to the play style the player chooses (Magic, Melee, Range).
Skill system:
  • When you reach the level 10 (for now) you can start spending skill points. These points can be spent between 3 trees. Each tree contains 13 different and unique skills that are linked to the play style I talked about above.
  • Each skill can allow up to 3 upgrades and you can, if you want, spend your points in all three trees.
The spell system:
  • You don't use glyphs. Instead you find books in the dungeons you can learn and then use.
  • You intelligence level allows you to memorize [x] amount of spells or dispel them (a bit like D&D or Dark Soul) when you are close to a binding stone.
  • There are 50+ spells available in the game.
Economy:
  • You have the possibilities to buy or sell your loot to the merchant in the mountains.
  • You can buy or sell potions, weapons, armor, shields, spell book and consumables.
Quest system:
  • Quest rewards with quest logs.
  • You need to find "entity" that will ask you to grant them a wish so they can return to their home. In exchange of this service they will reward you with item and/or experience.
Storage Chamber:
  • There is also a Storage system that allows the player to store his items if he has too many.
Binding Points:
  • When the player finds a binding stone he can bind to it.
  • Like other games, the player can bind himself here in case of emergency (a spell allows the player to quickly return to the binding stone).
  • If the player finds other binding stone, he can travel quickly from one stone to another one.
Fire Camp:
  • When the player discovers a new fire camp he has the option to lit it using a torch. When the fire camp is lit, the player regains health and mana.
Creatures:
  • The player has the ability to grind the creatures in the dungeons as they will reappear after a certain amount of time. The player will be able to prevent the creatures from reappearing but he needs to find how.
Environment:
  • There will be 5 different themes and around 15+ levels.
Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzeEmhFhc4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5dWncehh9Y

Pictures:

Thanks for watching!

Current Game: Ruzar - The Life Stone
Follow us on Twitter- Like us on FaceBook
Web Site: Hammer Glass Studio
Vote on Steam GreenLight: Ruzar - The Life Stone
Komag

Re: Ruzar - The Life Stone (Dungeon Crawler RPG)

Post by Komag »

This looks quite good, and some sections, especially pits, have exactly the Grimrock feel, so I'm interested.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
hammerglassstudio

Komag wrote:This looks quite good, and some sections, especially pits, have exactly the Grimrock feel, so I'm interested.
Thank you!
There are more puzzle and traps, but I keep them for another video :)
hammerglassstudio

Hello,

Just a quick update to let you know that we have been Greenlit :)

Thank you all for your support!
Komag

Post by Komag »

Excellent!

By the way, where does your name come from, Hammer Glass?
hammerglassstudio

The name for the game, or the name for the studio?
Komag

Post by Komag »

"Hammer Glass Studios"
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

Hi I played the game for a while. I was really happy to see new dungeon. Everything looked pretty well done. Well after a few minutes playing the game, it is almost unplayable for me and because one simple reason. I feel REALLY dizzy seeing the animation when I am turning around. The way it is made makes my head hurt, I dont know why. I didnt have this feeling in Grimrock...