Trying to remember a game

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
SeyProdumen

Trying to remember a game

Post by SeyProdumen »

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the title of a game I played as a kid. "Kid" for me means around late 90s-early 2000s. It was a sort of action-adventure game where you could control 3 characters with different abilities, I think one had a jetpack. It was set in a sort of surreal world with colourful hills and trees, and one kind of monster that would stay hidden underground to ambush you. If I remember correctly, one quest included hunting big cow-like animals for a little alien guy who claimed he'd die of hunger. In my memory the game was kind of similar to MDK1+2, but it might very well not be.

I'm browsing GOG right now, but to no avail. Can anybody help? :)
Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - New indie dungeon crawler in development
Isaac

Re: Trying to remember a game

Post by Isaac »

SeyProdumen wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the title of a game I played as a kid. "Kid" for me means around late 90s-early 2000s. It was a sort of action-adventure game where you could control 3 characters with different abilities, I think one had a jetpack. It was set in a sort of surreal world with colourful hills and trees, and one kind of monster that would stay hidden underground to ambush you. If I remember correctly, one quest included hunting big cow-like animals for a little alien guy who claimed he'd die of hunger. In my memory the game was kind of similar to MDK1+2, but it might very well not be.

Probably Giants:Citizen Kabuto. It's available on GoG.com.

http://youtu.be/GAW1pLhHBcQ?t=2m26s
SeyProdumen

Post by SeyProdumen »

Yes, that's the one! :mrgreen: Thanks a lot! The cover art somehow looks way more gritty than the game, maybe that's why it didn't strike me when browsing.
Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the Moon - New indie dungeon crawler in development
mguireliz

Post by mguireliz »

Classic!!
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

Isaac wrote:
SeyProdumen wrote:Hey everyone,

Probably Giants:Citizen Kabuto. It's available on GoG.com.

http://youtu.be/GAW1pLhHBcQ?t=2m26s
First I thought MDK but yeah :D that is a great one , a genre hybrid like Sacrifice (TM) !
RPG veteran